Software Delivery Manager
ViClarity is an award-winning provider of governance, risk and compliance (GRC) management software solutions for highly regulated industries, such as healthcare, insurance and financial services. Organisations of all sizes utilize our GRC tools to enhance and automate their risk and compliance processes.
A technology-centric organisation with a legacy focus on making GRC easier, ViClarity serves organisations in multiple industries. ViClarity Europe was founded in 2008 and merged with U.S. based compliance consulting firm, PolicyWorks, LLC, in 2020. Today, we are one ViClarity, a global RegTech organisation headquartered in Tralee, Co Kerry and with offices in Des Moines, Iowa and Boston in the US.
You will be an experienced IT Software Delivery Manager with drive and motivation, who wants to join a globally scaling and forward thinking business in our European headquarters in Ireland. You will lead the design & development of SaaS based configurable software solutions for our external customers, managing an outsourced software development team. You will play a lead role in managing the Risks, Resourcing, Quality and Budget requirements for our Software Development Roadmap.
- Manage a SaaS environment for a high availability software product
- Design features and enhancements to a mature software product
- In conjunction with the CEO/ CTO define product vision and manage the software development roadmap for the global business in line with strategy.
- Manage a team of outsourced software developers, prioritizing their software development tasks and the deployment of code to the production environment.
- Manage the environment to the latest security standards globally.
- Implement and lead software change management process, to ensure product is continuously improved while avoiding over-development of the software.
- Manage testing of new features, enhancements and bugs.
- Lead project teams including an internal business analysts, testers and external developers, and ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of solutions through strong project management, control of scope, deadlines, risks and budget.
Who you will be working with
You will become an integral member of our strong, friendly and supportive Global Technology Team, working alongside Senior Project Managers & Business Analysts to understand the systems we implement, our customers’ requirements and implementation needs, in order to develop and deliver solutions that add value for the customer. You will be dealing with clients across both the Financial Services and Healthcare sectors.
The ideal candidate
You will have at least 5 years’ experience in IT Software project roles, with a direct responsibility for delivery of software development projects and demonstrable experience of completing projects end to end. You will bring expertise in Agile and Digital ways of working and can thrive in a fast-moving environment with a certain degree of ambiguity and flex. You will have the ability to think analytically and strategically, and to understand the bigger picture. There will be lots of occasions where you’ll need to make decisions and drive things forward. You’ll need strong analysis skills and the ability to think things through clearly and logically (and to explain your reasoning so that you take people with you). You’ll also need to be able to focus on both the details and big issues, be comfortable zooming in and out between the two.
- BSc in IT, Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree
- 5 + experience in Software delivery projects, with knowledge of project management techniques, tools and software (PMI/Prince certification desirable)
- Strong technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Sound knowledge of various security models and best practices including but not limited to Application security, Authentication, Authorization, SSO, database level security, encryption schemes & standards
- Understanding of Firewalls - experience with a hosted AWS environment
- Experience working with AGILE methodologies, preferable SQL and LINUX experience
- BI (Business Intelligence) experience